Thursday, March 10, 2011

I know I just updated yesterday, but I HAD to update < 3.

Soooooooo, yesterday was great. Excellent. Amazing.

I woke up early (seriously cannot sleep past 7 AM ever ever. haha), ate my Luna bar and some berries and coffee before my workout. Theeeeen, I did a hardcore cardio workout for 70 minutes (40 on the treadmill--circuit training, 30 minutes on the arc trainer). It was funny--I was on the treadmill with all men, yet I was the one going the hardest. Hate to brag, but...holla. My heart rate stayed in the upper 160s/170s the whole time, pretty much, so that's awesome.

Came home, showered, got the best treat ever (Coffee Tree Skinny Caramel Latte), then went to my haircut. I missed Diana (my hairdresser) sooooooooo much. I know people say they have a special kinship with their hairdresser, but Diana is like a family friend furreal. She has MS (was misdiagnosed for years...STILL makes me angry), and it breaks my heart to see her still working so hard, even though she's in pain. I love her and how she makes me feel. She always tells me I'm beautiful and makes sure to overlyemphasize it. She hadn't seen me since August (yeah, it had been that long since my last haircut. Yikes. haha), and she was shocked. She couldn't get over it. We talk about anything and everything, and she's only 31, so she's pretty "hip," if you will. haha. She has two gorgeous kids, a presh husband, and an ADORABLE 2-year-old Golden Retriever. She works from home to accommodate her MS, and she seems to be happy, despite her medical ailments. I hope and pray for the best for her, because she's a wonderful person who works so hard and deserves everything great she receives. She gave me a cutesy haircut and we bullshitted more than we actually spent time doing the actual haircut. haha. I seriously love her.

After that, it was off to my gyne appointment. I was nervous, because I hadn't had a period since like November or so...waaaaay too long. She gave me a prescription and hopefully I get my period in the next few weeks. Nervous :/. My resting heart rate is 50 (ummmmmm, so low. haha), and my BP is 105/74, I do believe. The doc said that's great :). Soooo yeah. I'm just hoping that everything else goes well. I know this is lame, but immediately when she said I had to take a hormone, I thought "I hope it doesn't make me gain weight." Ugh, I'm incorrigible.

Then, it was Gullifty's Time! I had a plain old salad, the Mediterranean Eggplant Melt (four pieces of eggplant underneath a melange of artichokes, olives, zucchini, and some parm and mozzarella cheeses. It came with garlic bread, but I gave that to my mommy. haha. The carrot cake was....orgasmic. I think my mouth actually exploded. That's the last sweet for 40 days! I can do this. haha. I picked the PERFECT sweet. Yum yum yum.

Mom and I talked about a bunch of stuff, and I'm starting to realize that I'm at a really great weight right now, and I just need to maintain (I would rather lose a couple more pounds, but if I don't, it's definitely not the end of the world). I seriously love my mother to death.

I went to church later that night with my dad for Ash Wednesday. We found out that a classmate of my brother's died this past week. So sad. It made me realize that life is short and precious. I was so shocked.

Afterward, we went home and had veggie frittatas. Yum yum yummmmm.

Yesterday was such a great day < 3333.

Today, I have work, then I'm heading to the gym. Spring Break is almost over. Noooooo. I need to get this essay together and study for my Biochem exam. haha.

Alright, work beckons. Byeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment