Friday, February 18, 2011

Dear Lord, I would marry this weather.

For real. So gorgeous.

In the past two nights, I've gotten maybe 10 hours of sleep total if I'm lucky, so bear with me here. haha.

Wednesday was a clusterfuck. At least I thought it was. Turns out I have a bigger wiggle room for caloric intake than I thought. I usually only consume around 1500 calories a day, which is totally acceptable...however, if I'm burning that many each day, my caloric deficit per day is 1500 or more...uhhhh, that's probably too much. haha. Unless I'm trying to lose like 50 pounds, that seems like a bit too much. And I'm only trying to lose 15 max. However, I felt like BLAH on Wednesday, because I ate so much bad stuff. Damn me. haha. I mean, I didn't sit down and eat a whole cake (speaking of which, my mother made a RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING the other night. She is pure evil....and no, I haven't had a piece :]), but I ate a little too much trail mix (that stuff is ADDICTING...damn salt), a cookie, a couple squares of dark chocolate...it all adds up. I burned a lot of calories that day and yesterday, so I'm over it, but still. Get it together, Kelly. haha. I was hardcore studying for a Biochemistry exam, and when you're sitting in one place for an extended period of time, you tend to realize hunger more or you mistake boredom for hunger. Yeeeeah.

Yesterday, I was super good :). Ate about 1500 calories (I think a little less) and burned about that many too. I also did pretty well on my Biochem exam I think, so that eating wasn't totally in vain! haha. Work is annoying, but it definitely prevents boredom which prevents needless eating.

A really sad event: the assistant manager at my job passed away the other night and I found out yesterday, right before my exam. We didn't always agree, but I felt absolutely terrible--we did get along though, and shared some cute and memorable moments--we talked about circumcisions for 20 minutes one time. We don't know exactly what happened, but we are deducing it was a heart attack, because she had heart problems. She has two kids--8 and 12--and her husband was recently in the hospital for heart problems. Truly feel for those children. I can't even begin to think how they feel. When I found out, I told my mommy that I love her. I was totally shellshocked. She was only 44. So scary. She was an extremely sweet and thoughtful lady, and I'm keeping her family in my prayers.

Work was definitely somber last night--I mean, what do you say?

Came home around 10 and had to do some homework, even though I reeeeeally just wanted to sleep. Went to bed late, woke up early. You know.

Breakfast is my motivation for waking up early. Sad huh? But I really freaking love Kashi cereal with mixed berries. It's like candy to me, so I get excited. Whatever.

Speaking of candy, I'm trying to figure out what to give up for Lent. Last year, I gave up candy, and I totally pulled through. I was thinking of giving up sweets all together, but I would be a bitch for 40 days. I promise you that. My mom said you could "cheat" on Sundays, but then that's not totally "giving it up," is it? Weeeeak. Still trying to figure it out. I could be on my computer less for Lent or something...I dunno, we'll see.

With the weather getting nicer, I'll be on my computer less anyway. I have a couple days off of work next week, so I plan on going in Shadyside and returning some stuff to Gap and looking around, going to Trader Joe's (my utopia), you know.

Alright, time to turn in this assignment and then going to the gyyyyym later. And treating myself to a Coffee Tree skinny latte and a good book afterward :). Then, work. Fun fun.

This weekend, I wanna GO somewhere and run. The weather will be too nice to not, especially Saturday. I'm totally saving a surplus of calories for Sunday, because it's my uncle's birthday, and my grandma is making Texas Sheet Cake. Oh my God, it's so good. I'm going to be really good until then :).

Have a good day, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. What is Texas Sheet Cake? Also, you days sound exactly like mine... workschoolgym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://chelley325.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/img_7385-2.jpg THAT is Texas Sheet Cake. Oh my God, so excited. haha.

    Repetition can be annoying, but it's also good to get into a groove also. I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete