Sunday, February 20, 2011

Portion Control: SUCCESS!

Let's update on Friday/Saturday first.

I get to the gym on Friday, decide it's FAR too beautiful to run on a stupid treadmill, so I decided to run around RIDC Park. Well, that turned into running around Aspinwall pretty much, and I ended up running 6 miles. It's crazy how light on my feet I am now. It made me so happy :). I even ran up some steep hills, and wasn't even that pooped. woooo.

I then got a skinny caramel latte from Coffee Tree (seriously, I'm obsessed. It's like my candy...and I got decaf, don't worry), studied some History/read a little Jen Lancaster (my BFF), ate some veggies and tofurkey, and then headed to work. Worked until 10, then I got home and attempted to write some of my Organic Chemistry lab report...and it didn't go over too well, because I was preeeetty tired.

Saturday, I woke up at 7 (seriously cannot sleep in), had an egg white/spinach/feta omelet (Cedarlane, I love you), berries, and some coffee before hitting the gym. Burned a tooon of calories, because I hit all the ropes--treadmill, arc trainer, total body trainer, abs, AND strength training. Got Coffee Tree (yeah, seriously), and I went home and got ready for work. I worked from 2-10 and it wasn't too bad. I was kinda sore, but that's to be expected. Had Trader Joe's veggie lasagna for dinner...dear Lord, it was so good.

Came home from work, did a little of my lab report, then went to bed.

Woke up at 7:30 today, ate some oatmeal and berries, went to church with Pops, then headed to the gym. I was soooooooooooo sore when I woke up this morning. I lifted a lot yesterday, I won't even lie. Then, I lifted a bunch of stuff at work, so that probably didn't help. haha. Once I got to the gym, I was still tired and sore, but I pushed through, and did 6.5 miles! I knew Texas Sheet Cake was in my future, so I couldn't dog it. haha.

Got Coffee Tree, came home, worked on my lab report, watched the Pens and Hawks game, and then went to my grandma's for dinner. I worked super hard on portion control, and I pulled through!

Had a small portion of garden salad, some eggplant parmesean (not too much), and brussel sprouts for dinner, then a moderate piece of Texas Sheet Cake for dessert. I took small bites and ate more slowly and drank more water, and I felt fuller. It's not just a gimmick, I suppose. haha. I was offered more cake and some ice cream, but I didn't go for it. I did take home the leftover brussel sprouts, though, because I am seriously obsessed.

I honestly could have eaten that entire cake, if given the chance.
Tell me you wouldn't eat that, if offered. sdjflkdjslfjsdsj so good. I realized that it will not accomplish ANYTHING if I ate two or three pieces of that cake--I'd feel gross, and all I need is one piece. There will be many more days in my life where I can enjoy a piece of Texas Sheet Cake. That's my logic.

I know this sounds stupid, but I was really proud of my portion control today. I've eaten well ever since Wednesday, and I'm pretty pumped about it. And my stomach is showing it :).

Tomorrow is another pretty low calorie day, because I'm taking my mom out to dinner on Tuesday to La Capella, and I'm getting wheat pasta with mushrooms, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, and basil in a garlic white wine sauce, which I'm sure isn't the healthiest thing under the sun...however, it's one of the healthier options on the menu. I'm hoping if I pace myself, I won't scarf down the whole damn thing. haha. Plus, I'll be going to the gym, so it's whatev.

Taking OFF from the gym tomorrow. I've gone for ten days straight now. Ugh. It'd be different if I took it easy a couple days, but I've burned like at least 1000 calories every time I've gone. haha. Besides having class and working on my lab report and a Biochemistry assignment, I'm going to amble around Shadyside, return some things at Gap and such, and then probably treat myself to Coffee Tree and some quality book time, because I'm lame. Then, I'm going to the Pens game! I don't go to bars and go out drinking--I go to hockey games. It's like therapy. haha.

I've decided that for Lent, I'm restricting myself to the computer and TV for two hours a day. Watch how efficient I'll be. You won't even REALIZE.

Alright, speaking of efficiency, this lab report isn't going to do itself.

Good night!

PS. Decided to stop obsessive-compulsively weighing myself. Weighing myself every Sunday starting today. Then, I won't go crazy with water weight and all that stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, just so you know. Seriously, seeing how hard you work and how far you've come really inspires me (so corny.

    And YES I would eat that cake. but just a tiny bit. I think. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you so much, Amanda--that means a lot to me :). I'm still working! haha.

    The cake. Is so good. I can't even describe it. I could have a love affair with it. haha

    ReplyDelete